Monday 19 October 2015

Windows 7 and reporting services

I recently upgraded from vista to windows 7.   It all went pretty well and I was particularly impressed with the way it transferred my settings from my old laptop.  Let’s face it, after the catastrophe that was Vista, anything was going to be better.

Anyway, I had problems with reporting services which I was using to test some reports for Fusion Accounts.  I usually use Firefox but there is a page in the reports application to change the connection string of a data source that does not work in Firefox.

When I connected with IE8 I did not seem to have any permissions.  I tried switching off the automatic windows authentication in IE8 but this did not seem to have any effect.

Eventually I remembered that in Vista I had switched off all the run as administrator checking stuff but had decided to leave it on in windows 7.

So I found IE8 in the menu structure, right clicked on it and selected “Run as administrator”.  Bob was then my uncle.

I’m sure soon I’ll get fed up with the security check soon and turn it off.  It took me about 20 minutes earlier to work out how to edit my hosts file with notepad!

No comments:

Post a Comment