Tuesday 1 November 2016

Because I like a bit of schema

Great sketch eh!

OK - a route can be used in an event many times - usually every year but maybe more often.  (The route itself may actually change but I don't think were actually concerned with that in this model).
Each event has a bunch of Participants who are made up of the riders.  A rider can participate in multiple events.
The riders details are pretty much static except they get a new licence number each year.
Obviously they move and so on, but I don't see any particular need to track that against the events - just the current details should do.
Events have organisers - or maybe rides do - they can have more than one so I've just realised the model is wrong - need a join table.
Did think that the organisers were against the ride - but there not as they sometimes change year to year as the route gets passed from person to person.
Riders and organisers are users of some sort - but the chances are I'll pick up this bit of schema from the standard ASP.NET authentication database - or whatever those clever people at Redmond use these days.

I can smell the code ...

No comments:

Post a Comment