Monday 7 November 2016

Sprint 1 Retrospective 2–what did I achieve and why did I use powershell?

"I'm going to create a database - whoop whoop - to store:

Riders,

The Brevets,

Entrants to a brevet - i.e. the relationship between the Riders and the Brevets.

 

> All Done

 

Then I'm going to upload the data from the excel files I have.  This should give me a list of riders, existing entries and previous brevets.

I'm going to upload the data for one of the previous brevets.

This should validate my data model

 

> Done

 

I'm going to do all this in SQL Server management studio straight on the database

I'm going to use a database project to create the schema and any procedures etc,

> Done

I'm going to create my brevets for 2016 - because I have them.

 

> Not Done – but don’t think this should be there

 

I'm going to use ssms to put the data in and out.

 

!"

 

Reading back on this – I’m not sure at what point I decided to use PowerShell – not only did it cause massive overrun (300%) but I’m pretty sure my , separation of the address data has added technical debt – some of these are undoubtedly in the wrong columns now.

No comments:

Post a Comment