Saturday 5 November 2016

Sprint 1 - Sprint planning

Tasks

  1. Create database project.  I already have a VS solution with some work I did for audax before to publish/search the club numbers **
  2. Create schema and deploy to Azure
  3. Create PowerShell script that takes inputs (parameters) eventId, year (for license number) and filename, parses the file (CSV) and inserts the data.
  4. Create the route and event (manually using ssms)
  5. Call script above until it works!
** http://audax.azurewebsites.net/WebApp/ will look up an Audax Club Parisien (ACP) club number from name and country.  It's part of the  paperwork for ACP. 

Data

Headers

Name
Surname
Address
Tel
email
Club
CI license
Club
No
EC Name
EC Tel
Paid EUR
Paid STG

Sample

Stuart MCLEAN 20 Ben Madigan Park South, Belfast   Audax Ireland 16LC0430 (M24) 01500    

What I'm not doing

I did think about handling the duplicates/matching riders etc. because I know I'll need this - but I've one hour!

Issues

Noticed there is some proprietary Stiona Software code in the current solution - will need to refactor if / when I open source.

Risks and mitigation

Never used db projects before - even a sample.  Could do a sample project but suspect this might mean my coding slips another week and I'll lose interest.
Mitigation: re-read samples, have samples open, just do a script or use SSMS straight onto database and reverse engineer later. 
Powershell done this bit before but all my samples are on a clients computer and strictly speaking don't belong to me!
Mitigation - open / find all the samples used for the last time I did this.  Lets face it - when it comes to script google is king.
CSV there are ,'s in the address - need to look at a csv sample with ,'s or go fixed or something  before parsing. 
Mitigation - work this out before the hour!

No comments:

Post a Comment